Public Health Policy Implications of Current Studies on Wireless Transmitting Devices and Pregnancy
5 February 2016 – Mobilfunk Newsletter EMF Omega News
Angela Cinader wrote :
Please watch this great short video
in which Dr. Devra Davis shares research on effects from prenatal exposure to cell phone radiation: 3 times more DNA damage, spinal cord damage, damage to memory and thinking part of the brain (hippocampus) from only 15 minutes per day of cell phone radiation exposure for 7 days. Results were statistically significant. The faster cells grow, the more vulnerable they are to toxic exposures. Newborns double their brain size after birth.
Well we are starting to get that data now. Read below. How much longer do you think the US government will wait to take action? 5 years? 10 years? How many people will get sick or die waiting for the FCC to change its limits?
The Statistics – Autism, ADHD, Cancer, Brain Tumors, Asthma, Alzheimer’s, Autoimmune Disease
– Increase in neurological disease deaths, US particularly acute – 400%+ increase in US in age >75 group, the highest increase out of 21 countries. 64% increase in US in early onset dementia deaths (age 55-74 group), making US second highest out of 21 contries in this group. see charts below and https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/people-are-developing-dementia-earlier-and-dying-of-it-more-a-study-shows/2015/08/06/599b16b8-3c0a-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html?wprss=rss_world
– Increase in early onset dementia – more people getting dementia a decade earlier now compared to 20 years ago, with more people in their 40s getting diagnosed https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/people-are-developing-dementia-earlier-and-dying-of-it-more-a-study-shows/2015/08/06/599b16b8-3c0a-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html?wprss=rss_world
– After accidents, cancer is the next highest cause of death in children, and now 1 in 2 people will get cancer http://abcnews.go.com/Health/conquering-childhood-cancer/story?id=20348929
– Increase in Malignant Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors in American children. For ages 0-14 between 2000-2010, an annual increase of 0.6%/yr. In ages 15-19, there was a significant increase between 2000-2008, with an annual percentage increase of 1.0%/yr. http://www.saferemr.com/2015/05/brain-tumor-rates-are-rising-in-us-role.html
– Autism increased 600% over last 2 decades per AutismSpeaks.org – now about 1% of children is autistic. see chart below (however some sources contend that the increase is due to changes in reporting and diagnosis criteria)
– Asthma has increased 28% over the last decade – number of Americans with asthma increased by 28% from 2001 to 2011, per the CDC https://www.healthline.com/health-news/children-allergies-and-asthma-on-the-rise-110813#1
– ADHD has increased 53% in the US over the last decade according to the CDC. For ages 14 to 17, 19 % of boys and 10% of girls now have ADHD. http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/radical-increase-in-kids-prescribed-ritalin/
– Autoimmune disease on the rise per the CDC – between 2001 and 2009, the incidence of type 1 diabetes increased by 23% in the US. Finland also showed a similar increase. Environmental factors attributed as the cause http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/246960.php
Why are these Statistics going up? Biological Mechanisms and Regulations
What do asthma, autism, autoimmune disease, ADHD and Alzheimer’s have in common? They can all be caused by compromised integrity in the tight junction barriers in our body, which wireless microwave radiation can cause. “The opening of our tight junction barriers by electromagnetic fields can account for many modern illnesses, ranging from asthma to multiple allergies and Alzheimer’s disease.”We would not expect an immediate effect because the brain has spare capacity, but prolonged or repeated exposure to cell phone or similar radiation would be expected to cause a progressive loss of functional neurons and result in early dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in humans. The extreme sensitivity of the blood-brain barrier to the radiation could mean that even sitting close to someone using a cell phone could affect you too.” Read more about it here http://www.cellphonetaskforce.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Biol-Effects-EMFs-2012-NZ2.pdf , where Dr. Andrew Goldsworthy, former advisor to the European Space Agency also predicted there would be an increase in these 4 diseases with increased wireless radiation exposure. (Years ago he and many scientists predicted this would happen .)
In 2015, Dr. Martin Pall, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry at Washington State University, identified a mechanism where microwave radiation can activate VGCCs (voltage gated calcium channels) in brain cells, which increases intracellular calcium, which can cause autism by disrupting synapse formation. Wireless radiation activating the VGCC and increasing intracellular calcium leads to degradation of proteins in the tight barrier junctions needed to maintain the integrity of the blood-brain barrier, which leads to many neurodegenerative diseases (e.g. Alzheimer’s and dementia). With enough exposure to increasing intracellular calcium, spines can actually disappear, and end up with neurons that are missing synapses completely, so neurons are not connected to each other anymore. Read more about it here http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/reveh.2015.30.issue-2/reveh-2015-0001/reveh-2015-0001.xml
So what happened 2 decades ago in the US before all these statistics shot up?
One significant event was Congress passing the The 1996 Telecommunications Act which allowed the siting of cell towers to be anywhere a wireless provider wanted to put it and forbade local governments to consider any potential health effects of a location – that’s why we have cell towers now on school campuses and in residential areas, with no minimum distance requirements. This also essentially negated our first amendment right to free speech to talk about negative health effects at cell tower hearings, because whatever was said in this regard would be ignored. How could this happen? After the wireless industry made $50 million in political contributions, the TCA passed (p. 115, Zapped, by Ann Louise Gittleman), and the number of cell towers increased from 66,000 in 1998 to 300,000 in 2013. http://www.ctia.org/your-wireless-life/how-wireless-works/annual-wireless-industry-survey and the number of cell towers will continue to increase, pushed by the FCC’s Tom Wheeler to provide faster speeds, when in June 2015 the FCC fined AT&T a RECORD $100 million for providing speeds slower than advertised http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fcc-seeks-100-mn-t-fine-over-unlimited-174431152.html Now Sprint has plans to increase their cell towers to three times what Verizon has so it can become the fastest network in the country http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/technology/sprint-network/ If all other providers follow suit, we could easily end up exceeding 500,000 cell towers in a few years.
What are FCC limits for cell tower radiation? FCC limit for pulsed wireless radiation is 1000uW/cm2 for 30 minutes, which is the level at which you would start experiencing heating effects of your tissues, hence called a “thermal” limit. Anything below this level is FCC compliant. The levels near a cell tower or Wi-Fi router can be 0.1-1uW/cm2. Sounds low right? However realize that background levels in areas without a cell tower or router nearby are as low as 0.0003uW/cm2, which it is in my backyard and in school parking lots, about a million times lower than the FCC limit. So FCC limits do not protect you against health effects that occur well below 1000uW/cm2, that start as low as 0.01uW/cm2. Read here to see the health effects that occur between 0.1-1uW/cm2 as reported in the 2012 Bionitiative Report, a meta-analysis of ~4000 peer-reviewed studies http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/BioInitiativeReport-RF-Color-Charts.pdf You will see headaches, memory/ concentration/sleep problems, sperm defects, heart problems, increased stress hormone levels. See chart below that compares US limits to other countries – US limits are orders of magnitude higher than most countries.
Verizon settles by paying only $50,000 in 2014 for exceeding FCC limits http://www.journalinquirer.com/connecticut_and_region/fcc-keeps-secret-records-from-radiation-probe-at-verizon-s/article_0dbb367e-62d9-11e5-99da-ebeab2025003.html
Tips for safer cell phone and wireless device use (most from Dr. Davis video above)
Avoid carrying phone and holding any wireless device against body (devices should be used at a table)
Reduce talk time – don’t use cell phones for long conversations
Use speakermode or airtube headset (a headset with a wire transmits the radiation directly into the ear)
Avoid using device in a car, train, elevator (metal enclosure traps the RF radiation inside, which magnifies the radiation inside). Exception: OK if tethered to blue tooth in car
Avoid cordless phone use (same as a cell phone)
If using Wi-Fi, download then turn off Wi-Fi antenna (rather than leaving it on all the time on your device)
As much as possible, keep devices in Airplane mode (which means antennas are turned off)
Turn off all the antennas you aren’t using on your device
Turn off Wi-Fi Router when not in use, also turn off at night, use a lower power setting
Keep home Wi-Fi routers at least 10 ft away from where you spend a lot of time
Sleep far away from smart meter
Informant: André Fauteux