The survival of EHS sufferers in a world which is increasingly exposed to electromagnetic waves from mobile phone technology
Having already won two awards for his documentaries about the environment, Marc Khanne delivers a new fast-paced and well-argued human-interest movie: Between the push for 4G and how some people are suffering, what should we think about the “even faster and more interconnected” world that we are being promised?
La sopravvivenza dei malati di EHS in un mondo che è sempre più esposto alle onde elettromagnetiche dalla tecnologia della telefonia mobile
Avendo già vinto due premi per i suoi documentari sull’ambiente, Marc Khanne offre un nuovo film frenetico e ben argomentato di interesse umano: Tra la spinta del 4G e come alcune persone stanno soffrendo, cosa dovremmo pensare dell'”ancora più veloce e più interconnesso” mondo che ci viene promesso?
[Se deboli Campi Elettromagnetici artificiali in Radiofrequenza sono in grado di influenzare il comportamento degli animali disorientandoli, siamo sicuri che si tratti di EFFETTO NOCEBO quando gli Elettrosensibili si definiscono “storditi” se esposti alle microonde della tecnologia Wireless?]
Journal of Experimental Biology 2016;doi: 10.1242/jeb.132878
1Department of Animal Physiology and Immunology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Kamenice 735/5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic. 2Department of Animal Physiology and Immunology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Kamenice 735/5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic. email@example.com.
Published: 29 March 2016
Studies on weak man-made radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF) affecting animal magnetoreception aim for a better understanding of the reception mechanism and also point to a new phenomenon having possible consequences in ecology and environmental protection. RF impacts on magnetic compasses have recently been demonstrated on migratory birds and other vertebrates. We set out to investigate the effect of RF on the magnetic orientation of the Antarctic krill speciesGondogeneia antarctica, a small marine crustacean widespread along the Antarctic littoral line. Here, we show that having been released under laboratory conditions,G. antarcticaescaped in the magnetically seaward direction along the magnetic sea-land axis (Y-axis) of the home beach. However, the animals were disoriented after being exposed to RF. Orientation was lost not only in an RF of a magnetic flux density of 20 nT, as expected according to the literary data, but even under the 2 nT originally intended as a control. Our results extend recent findings of the extraordinary sensitivity of animal magnetoreception to weak RF fields in marine invertebrates.
Article history Date of Publication: March 2016
Date of Current Version: 3 March 2016
Concerns have been raised about the possible biological effects of nonionizing radiation since at least the late 1950s with respect to radar, other radio, and microwave sources. More recent concerns have arisen about the potential effects of low-intensity fields, including lowfrequency fields from the electric power generating, transmission, and distribution system and the devices it energizes, as well as intermediate, radio-frequency (RF), and higher-frequency radiation from devices such as cell phones, broadcast antennas, Wi-Fi, security monitors, and so forth. These are concerns about the direct effects of radiation on humans or other organisms. They are distinct from the electromagnetic compatibility issues that concern interference by the fields from one device with the function of another, though human health can be indirectly affected by electromagnetic interference with the function of medical devices, including hospital equipment or pacemakers.
You can find the full paper PDF at the following lnk/Potete trovare il PDF dello studio completo al seguente link:
“Cancer is a term used for diseases in which abnormal cells divide without control and are able to invade other tissues…..all cancers begin in cells……cells grow and divide in a controlled way to produce more cells as they are needed to keep the body healthy. When cells become old or damaged, they die and are replaced with new cells. However, sometimes this orderly process goes wrong. The genetic material (DNA) of a cell can become damaged or changed, producing mutations that affect normal cell growth and division. When this happens, cells do not die when they should and new cells form when the body does not need them.”
So cancer typically involves abnormal cell division and DNA damage and in some cases cells may form a mass of tissue called a tumor.
Types Of Brain Tumor
In the studies done to date cell phone radiation exposures are principally linked to two types of brain tumor, gliomas and acoustic neuromas.
Gliomas, a type of tumor that starts in the brain or spine are typically malignant. Gliomas are particularly deadly. Most people survive only 1 to 3 years after diagnosis.
1. Cellular Damage: Telecoms giant T-Mobile in Germany commissioned an independent study to review all relevant research on the health risks from wireless telecommunications. It was concluded that,
“On the cellular level, a multitude of studies found the type of damage from high frequency electromagnetic fields which is important for cancer initiation and cancer promotion.”
Brain Tumors And Brain Cancers
2. Significantly Increased Risk of Glioma: Gliomas are becoming increasingly common. The $25 million Interphone Study found that:
“regular use of a cell phone by adults can significantly increase the risk of gliomas by 40% with 1640 hours or more of use (this is about one half hour per day over ten years).”
Source: Table 2 INTERPHONE Study Group. Brain tumour risk in relation to mobile telephone use: results of the INTERPHONE international case-control study. Int J Epidemiol (2010); 39(3):675-694.
3. Tumor Risk on Cell Phone Side of Head: Again from the Interphone Study – currently the big daddy of cell phone radiation studies it being the largest and longest study on the link between cell phones and brain tumors – it also found, “tumors were more likely to occur on the side of the head most used for calling”.
4. Harmful Association Between Cell Phone Radiation and Tumors: A review of 23 epidemiological studies by 7 scientists on the link between cell phones and cancer concluded, “harmful association“. One of the reports authors commenting the study results said, “although as a whole the data varied, among the 10 higher quality studies, we found a harmful association between phone use and tumor risk. The lower quality studies, which failed to meet scientific best practices, were primarily industry funded.”
5. Increased Risk For Glioma and Acoustic Neuroma: the studies performed by the Hardell Research Group are widely regarded as being amongst the best. This recent study finds, “A consistent pattern of increased risk for glioma and acoustic neuroma associated with use of wireless phones.” These findings are consistent with their earlier studies.
6. Temporal Lobe & Glioma Risk: A recent French study found evidence of an increased risk of glioma and temporal lobe tumors. The study found that, “risks were higher for gliomas, temporal tumours, occupational and urban mobile phone use. “. According to EMF watchdog Powerwatch this is an important paper, “that confirms existing studies and which should help move the IARC RF evaluation strongly towards a Group 2A – ‘probable human carcinogen’“.
7. Increased Risk of Acoustic Neuroma in Long-Term Users of Cell Phones: A recent study on 790,000 middle aged women in the UK found that, “women who used cell phones for ten or more years were two-and- a-half times more likely to develop an acoustic neuroma. Their risk of acoustic neuroma increased with the number of years they used cell phones.“
8. Increased Risk of Acoustic Neuroma: Research conducted by Lonn suggests, “an increased risk of acoustic neuroma associated with mobile phone use of at least 10 years’ duration.”
9. Brain Tumor Risk is Higher on ‘Cell Phone’ Side of Head: A research paper that reviewed 11 studies found, “a link between prolonged cell phone usage and the development of an ipsilateral [same side of head as cell phone] brain tumor”.
10. Meningioma: This Swedish study looked at adult brain tumor cases diagnosed over a two year period. Although the study concluded that, “no conclusive evidence of an association between use of mobile and cordless phones and meningioma was found“. The studies authors did say, “an indication of increased risk was seen in the group with highest cumulative use“.
11. Malignant Brain Tumors: Recent work by Hardell looked at long-term use of mobile and cordless phones. In conclusion it was found that, “this study confirmed previous results of an association between mobile and cordless phone use and malignant brain tumours. These findings provide support for the hypothesis that RF-EMFs play a role both in the initiation and promotion stages of carcinogenesis“.
Other Cancers And Tumors
12. Cancer of the Pituitary Gland: The pituitary gland, considered by many to be the “master gland” of the body, is a pea sized organ located in the middle of the base of the brain that produces hormones that play a major role in regulating vital body functions and general well-being. This study (already referenced above) also found that,
“the risk of cancer of the pituitary gland more was more than twice as high among women who used a cell phone for less than five years as compared to never users“.
13. Thyroid Cancer: The thyroid gland is situated in the neck. Using a cell phone against your ear exposes your thyroid to cell phone radiation. A recent Israeli study observing that, “the incidence of thyroid cancer has been on the rise in Israel for more than a decade which matches the rise in the use of cellphones” collected human thyroid cells from healthy patients and subjected them to radiation. The study found, “evidence of changes in thyroid cells in response to electromagnetic radiation”.
14. Melanoma Risk: Melanoma is a cancer that starts in a certain type of skin cell. A Swedish study found “a very clear association between increasing use of mobile phones and increasing rates of head melanoma [ ] in Nordic countries“.
15. Stem Cell Cancer: In a controversial US study on 29 cases of neuroepithelial tumors, cell phone users accounted for 11 of them. These initial results indicated a near tripling in the risk of neuroepithelial tumors through cell phone use. The published results were revised to reflect a doubling of risk and then reported as not ‘statistically significant’.
16. Oral Cancer: An Israeli study on 460 cases of parotid gland tumors found, “based on the largest number of benign PGT patients reported to date, our results suggest an association between cellular phone use and PGTs [parotid gland tumors].” The parotid is the salivary gland near the cheek where many users hold their cell phone.
17. Parotid Malignant Tumors: Another Israeli study analyzed deaths as recorded on the National Cancer Registry over a 36 year period found, “the total number of parotid gland cancers in Israel increased 4-fold from 1970 to 2006 , whereas other major salivary gland cancers remained stable“.
18. Leukaemia: A comprehensive review of over a dozen studies including studies on exposures from cell tower radiation, TV and Radio broadcast towers concluded, “cancer, especially brain tumour and leukaemia, but all other cancers also“.
19. Lymph Node Cancer: In an Australian study one hundred mice were exposed to RF radiation for two 30-minute periods per day for up to 18 months. The authors called the increased incidence of lymphoma “highly significant”. They added that “it is very unlikely that the faster onset of cancer was due to chance“.
20. Multifocal Breast Cancer:American researchers studied four young women with breast cancer. They found that, “all patients regularly carried their smartphones directly against their breasts in their brassieres for up to 10 hours a day, for several years, and developed tumors in areas of their breasts immediately underlying the phones“.
21. Eye Cancer: A German Study has established a link between uveal melanoma and cell phone radiation and similar exposures. The study “found an elevated risk for exposure to radiofrequency-transmitting devices“. Another study found ocular symptoms and sensations in long term users of mobile phones.
22. Diverse Cancerous Tumors: A Brazilian Study established a direct link between various cancer deaths such as tumors in the prostate, breast, lung, kidneys and liver in Brazil’s third largest city, and cell phone tower radiation exposures. The study found that, “more than 81 percent of people who die in Belo Horizonte by specific types of cancer live less than 500 meters away from the 300 identified cell phone antennas in the city“.
This same study also lists more than a dozen other research papers that have found a link between different cancers and cell phone/cell tower radiation exposures.
Cell Phone Subscriptions And Brain Tumors
23. Cell Phone Subscription Link to Brain Tumors: A U.S. study analyzed the number of cell phone subscriptions and brain tumors in nineteen US states, they concluded,
“the very linear relationship between cell phone usage and brain tumor incidence is disturbing and certainly needs further epidemiological evaluation.“
24. Brain Cancer Incidence Increases Over Time (U.S): another U.S. study of brain cancer incidence trends in relation to cell phone use in the United States found, “there was a statistically significant increasing trend between 1992 and 2006 among females but not among males.The recent trend in 20–29-year-old women was driven by a rising incidence of frontal lobe cancers“.
25. Brain Cancer Incidence Increases Over Time (Europe): Studies carried out in Norway, Finland and the U.K. have identified a similar trend of an increase in the incidence of brain cancer over time. In the UK study the incidence of malignant brain tumors close to where you hold your phone was highlighted.
Source: Mobile Phone Use and Cancer Risk – Research on a Group 2B Carcinogen. Joel M. Moskowitz Ph.D.
Other Effects On the Brain
26. Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB) Permeability: The BBB is a membrane which prevents toxic materials from the blood from entering the brain. It was first discovered in 1975 that RF radiation causes the BBB to leak, since then at least a dozen laboratories around the world have corroborated this effect. There’s no consensus on the link between BBB damage and cancer but some studies elude to this.
27. Brain Cell Loss: A Turkish study on adult female rats that were exposed to a 900 MHz electromagnetic field found that, “EMF exposure caused a significant decrease of the…….cell number…… additionally, cell loss can be seen……“. In their conclusions the researchers drew parallels between these exposures and teenagers’ brains that are exposed to cell phone radiation.
28. Brain Activity:Researchers in China exposed 18 participants to RF radiation (LTE) for 30 minutes which was well within international (ICNIRP) cell phone legal limits. They concluded that, “30min LTE RF-EMF exposure modulated the spontaneous low frequency fluctuations in some brain regions.“
29. Brain Blood Flow Affected: This Finnish brain imaging study found that “that the EMF emitted by a commercial mobile phone affects rCBF [regional cerebral blood flow] in humans“. This suggests that cell phone radiation affects neuronal activity.
30. Texting Affects Memory: An Australian study on young adolescents found “students who reported making or receiving more voice or SMS calls per week, and in particular more of both, demonstrated shorter response times on learning tasks, but less accurate working memory”.
One way cancer and other diseases are believed to develop is when the DNA (genetic information) in a cell becomes damaged. This damage mutates the DNA. There are many studies linking cell phone radiation exposures to different types of DNA damage.
32. Various Genetic Effects: An Austrian study analyzed the results of 101 different published articles on the effects of radio frequency EMFs on DNA. The study concluded that, “there is ample evidence that RF-EMF can alter the genetic material of exposed cells“.
33. Increased Rates of Micronuclei: Micronuclei proliferation indicates a type of DNA damage strongly associated with cancer.A Brazilian study found that, “electromagnetic field irradiation [low level cell phone type exposures] during pregnancy leads to an increase in erythrocytes micronuclei incidence in rat offspring“. Several studies have found increased rates of micronuclei in the body following exposures to RF radiation.
34. Heat Shock Proteins (HSPs) Production Decreased: A U.S. study exposed chick embryo’s to RF radiation. They concluded that, “this EMF-induced decrease in HSP70 levels and resulting decline in cytoprotection suggests a mechanism by which daily exposure (such as might be experienced by mobile phone users) could enhance the probability of cancer and other diseases“.
35. Oxidative DNA Damage: theGuler study in Turkey exposed female and male infant rabbits to 1800 MHz radio frequency radiation and found, “GSM-like RF radiation may induce biochemical changes by increasing free radical attacks to structural biomolecules.” Free radical damage is associated with the development of cancer.
36. DNA Strand Breaks:this Austrian study exposed human and rat cells to mobile phone radiation and found, “DNA single- and double-strand breaks”.
37. Changes in Gene Expression: the Belyaev study found that, exposing the “rat brain to 915 MHz GSM microwaves induces changes in gene expression”. Other studies suggest that, “subtle changes of gene expression associated with [disease]”.
38. Genotoxic Effects: the Schwarz study exposed human cells to 1,950 MHz UMTS. It concluded that “UMTS exposure may cause genetic alterations in some but not in all human cells in vitro.”
39. Neurotransmitters Impacted: this Bavarian study followed 60 people over one and a half years following the installation of a new cell phone base station in their village. The study concluded that, “the effects showed a dose-response relationship“, that it had “occurred well below current limits for technical RF radiation exposures” and that these effects have “great relevance for health and [are] well known to damage human health in the long run“. In other words the more people were exposed to cell phone type radiation the bigger the impact on their health.
40. Chromosome Damage: a Belgian study reviewed 16 expert gene monitoring studies from around the world. In 13 of the 16 independent studies performed worldwide it was found that, “RF-exposed individuals have increased frequencies of genetic damage (e.g., chromosomal aberrations)“.
41. Central Nervous System: US based researcher Dr. Henry Lai comments that there are several studies which show that repeated RF exposure at relatively low power caused morphological changes in the central nervous system, “changes in morphology, especially cell death, could have an important implication on health. Injury-induced cell proliferation has been hypothesized as a cause of cancer.“
Reading Between The Lines
The studies don’t tell all of the story. Here are some other things you need to know.
42. Latency Period Before Diagnosis: To put this in the words of researcher Dr. Martin Blank “cancers do not form overnight”. In almost all cases cancerous tumors take many years to form and metastasize” Dr. Martin Blank: Overpowered. This would suggest that we might be sitting on a cell phone radiation cancer time bomb.
43. Cell Phone Radiation Cancer Time Bomb: To give a sense to what this latency period could mean in terms of the incidence of brain tumors in the years to come, researcher Lloyd Morgan produced this alarming graphic showing that brain tumor cases could reach epidemic proportions within the next decade:
44. Flawed Research: Not all of the research points to a link between cell phone radiation and cancer. But then that’s hardly surprising given the lengths some researchers go to, to skew the results. This research paper also lays bare the phenomenon of study bias. This can take many different shapes and forms; insufficient latency time, incorrect definition of “regular” cellphone user, cell phones radiating higher power levels in rural areas not investigated, exposure to other transmitting sources not considered, exclusion of brain tumor cases due to death or illness, etc.
The Tip Of The Iceberg
There is lot of interest surrounding the link between cell phone radiation and cancer. But cancer is only the tip of the iceberg.
Microwave radio-frequency radiation exposures of the type emitted by cell phones are also linked to many other diseases and potentially life threatening illnesses, including:
[I seguenti studi indicano l’esistenza di effetti biologici per livelli di esposizione a radiazioni in Radiofrequenza del telefono cellulare che sono molto al di sotto di quello che può essere spiegato con i cosiddetti “effetti termici”, e ben all’interno del range cui le persone sono comunemente esposte quotidianamente durante l’uso dei loro telefoni cellulari.
NOTA: La maggior parte dei livelli di esposizione indicati qui sotto sono ben al di sotto degli attuali standard per la sicurezza negli Stati Uniti, che si basano solo sugli “effetti termici”.]
Reported Biological Effects From Non-Ionizing Radio-frequency RF Radiation
Low Level RF Radiation Health Concern
The following studies indicate biological effects at cell phone rf radiation exposure levels which are far below what can be explained by “thermal effects”, and well within the range people are commonly exposed to every day on their cell phones.
Note: For an effect to be considered truly “nonthermal”, that is, a “microwave effect”, they must be experimentally distinguishable from heating effects due to absorbed RF energy as measured with SAR Testing.
With SAR testing, Dummy heads are filled with solutions to simulate brain conductivity and probed to measure depth and intensity. Amazingly enough regulatory agencies have not deemed it necessary to measure exposure to eyes. Eye’s are unprotected by the skull and comprised of cells that are extremely sensitive to electromagnetic energy.
RF Radiation Hazards
Studies by Increasing Power Density
Reported Biological Effects
(0.001 W/Kg SAR)
EEG brain waves are altered when exposed to cell phone signal
Von Klitzing, 1995
Motor function, memory and attention of school children affected (Latvia)
0.168 – 1.053 µW/cm2
Irreversible infertility in mice after 5 generations of exposure to cell phone signals from antenna park
Magras & Xenos, 1997
0.2 – 8 µW/cm2
Two-fold increase in childhood leukemia from AM-FM exposure
1.3 – 5.7 µW/cm2
Two-fold increase in leukemia in adults from AM RF exposure
Interference with medical devices at least up to 1000 MHz
2 – 4 µW/cm2
Direct effect of RFR on ion channels in cells/opening of acetycholine channels
4 – 10 µW/cm2
Visual reaction time in children is slowed//lower memory function in tests
5 – 10 µW/cm2
Impaired nervous system activity
Significant differences in visual reaction time and reduced memory function
10 – 25 µW/cm2
Changes in the hippocampus of the brain
(0.015 W/Kg SAR)
Immune system effects – elevation of PFC count (antibody producing cells)
An 18% reduction in REM sleep (important to memory and learning functions)
Changes in immune system function
A 26% drop in insulin
A pathological change in the blood brain barrier (915 MHz)
RF Radiation Hazards
Studies by Increasing Specific Absorption Rate
Reported Biological Effects
0.000021 – .0021 W/Kg
Changes in cell cycle and cell proliferation (960 MHz GSM cell phone signal)
Pulsed cell phone RF caused changes in blood-brain barrier that protects brain from outside harmful chemicals and toxins (915 MHz GSM cell phone)
EEG brain waves are altered when exposed to cell phone signal at 0.1 µW/cm2
Von KIitzing, 1995
Decrease in eating and drinking
Ray & Behari, 1990
.005 to .05 W/Kg
Dutta et al, 1989
Elevation of immune response at 100 µW/cm2
0.13 – 1.4 W/Kg
Lymphoma cancer rate is 2.4 times normal with two 1/2 hour exposures per day of cell phone exposure (pulsed digital mobile phone signal 900 MHz)
Harmful effects to the eyes/ certain drugs can sensitize eyes to RFR
Statistically significant increase in malignant tumors at 480 µW/cm2
0.58 – 0.75 W/Kg
Biological effect on the development of brain tumors at 18% of standard (836 MHz TDMA digital cell phone signal)
0.6 and 1.2 W/Kg
DNA single and double strand breaks from RF exposure (2450 MHz)
2.4 mW/Kg to 24 mW/Kg
Digital cell phone (836 TDMA) at very low intensities cause DNA effects in human cells. DNA effects are direct DNA damage and the rate at which DNA is repaired. Is equal to about 800 µW/cm2 power density
Cancer acceleration in skin and breast tumors at 50 – 75% of standard
RF Radiation Hazards
Standards and Background Levels
IEEE standard for whole body SAR for general public (1/6 of an hour)
FCC (IEEE) SAR limit over 1 gram of tissue (cell phone to ear)
800-900 MHz Cell Phone Signal Standard
PCS STANDARD for public exposure (as of September 1, 1997)
PCS STANDARD for occupational exposure (as of September 11997)
Ambient background RF exposure in cities and suburbs in the 1990’s
1 – 10 µW/cm2
Ambient RF exposure within 100-200 feet of cell/PCS antenna array (or roughly 0.2 to 0.5 mW/Kg SAR in the human body’)
Sage, 1998, unpublished
RF Radiation Hazards
Listing of Full Citations Referenced Above
Adey, WR., et. al., 1996.
Brain tumor incidence in rats chronically exposed to digital cellular telephone fields in an initiation-promotion model. Bioelectromagnetics Society 18th Annual Meeting, Proceedings, Abstract A-7-3.
Belokrinitskiy, VS., 1982.
“Destructive and reparative processes in hippocampus with long-term exposure to nonionizing radiation.” In U.S.S.R. Report, Effects of Nonionizing Microwave Radiation, No. 7, JPRS 81865, pp. 15-20.
Chiang, H., et. al., 1989.
Health effects of environmental electromagnetic fields. Journal of Bioelectricity, 8: 127-131
Chou, CK., & Guy, AW., 1992.
Long-term low level microwave irradiation of rats. Bioelectormagnetics 13:469-496
D’Inzeo, G., et. al., 1988.
Microwave effects on acetycholine-induced channels in cultured chick myotubes. Bioelectromagnetics 9; 363-372.
Dolk, H., et. al., 1997.
Cancer incidence near radio and television transmitters in Great Britain. Am J Epidemiology 145(1) P 1-9 Jan 1997.
Dumanski, J.D., and Shandala, M.G., 1974
“The Biological Action and Hygenic Significance of Elecromagnetic Fields of Superhigh and Ultrahigh frequencies in Densely Populated Areas,” from Biological Effects and Health Hazards of Microwave Radiation. Proceedings of an International Symposium, Warsaw 15-18 October, 1973, Polish Medical Publishers, Warsaw, 1974.
Dutta, SK., et. al., 1989.
Radiofrequency radiation-induced calcium ion efflux enhancement from human and other neuroblastoma cells in culture. Bioelectromagnetics 10: 197-202.
Elekes, E., 1996.
Effect on the immune system of mice exposed chronically to 50 Hz amplitude-modulated 2.45 GHz microwaves. Bioelectromagnetics 17:246-8.
Hocking, B., et. al., 1996.
Cancer incidence and mortality and proximity to TV towers Med J Aust 165(11-12) P. 601-5 Dec 2-16, 1996.
Joyner, K., et. al., 1996.
Mobile telephones interfere with medical electrical equipment. Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 1994 Mar. 17(1). P 23-7.
Kolodynski, AA., Kolodynska VV, 1996.
Motor and psychological functions of school children living in the area of the Skrunda radio location station in Latvia. Sci Total Environ 1996;180:87-93
Kues, HA., 1992.
Increased sensitivity of the non-human primate eye to radiation following opthalmic drug pretreatment. Bioelectromagnetics 13:379-93.
The biological effects of microwave radiation. Abstract in Proceedings of the Second World Congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, Bologna, Italy, June 1997.
L. Salford (1993)
“Experimental studies of brain tumor development during exposure to continuous and pulsed 915 MHz radio frequency radiation,” in Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics, Vol. 30: pg. 313-318.
Acute low intensity microwave exposure increases DNA single strand breaks in rat brain cells, Bioelectromagnetics 1995;16:207-10.
Lai, H., & Singh, NP., 1996.
Single and double strand DNA breaks in rat brain cells after acute exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation. Int J Radiat Biol 1996;69:513-21.
M.A. Navakatikian and L.A. Tomashevskaya
“Phasic Behavioral and Endocrine Effects of Microwaves of Nonthermal Intensity,” by Carpenter DO and Ayrapetyan S, editors. Biological Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields. Volume 1, published by Academic Press
Magras, IN., & Zenos, TD., 1997.
RF Radiation-induced changes in the prenatal development of mice. Bioelectromagnetics 18:455-461.
Mann, K., et. al., 1996.
Effects of pulsed high-frequency electromagnetic fields on human sleep. Neuropsychobiology 1996;33:41-7.
Phillips, J., et. al., 1998.
DNA damage in molt-4 lymphoblastoid cells exposed to cellular telephone radiofrequency fields in vitro. Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics 45:103-110.
Ray, S., & Behari, J., 1990.
Physiological changes in rats after exposure to low levels of microwaves. Radiat Res 123: 190-202
Repacholi, M., et. al., 1997.
Lymphomas in Eµ-Pim1 transgenic mice exposed to pulsed 900 MHz electromagnetic fields. Radiat Res. 1997; 147:31-40.
Blood brain barrier permeability in rats exposed to electromagnetic fields from a GSM wireless communication transmitter. Abstract in Proceedings of the Second World Congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, Bologna, Italy, June 1997.
Salford, LG., et. al., 1993.
Permeability of the blood brain barrier induced by 915 MHz electromagnetic radiation;continuous wave and modulated at 8, 16, 50 and 200 Hz. Bioelectrochem Bioenerg 1993;30:293-301.
Szmigielski, S., et. al., 1982.
Accelerated development of spontaneous and benzpyrene-induced skin cancer in mice exposed to 2350 MHz microwave radiation. Bioelectromagnetics 3: 179-192.
Szmigielski, S., et. al., 1982.
Cancer morbidity in subjects occupationally exposed to high frequency (radiofrequency and microwave) electromagnetic radiation. Sci Total Environ 1996; 180:9-17
Veyret, B., et. al., 1991.
“Antibody responses of mice exposed to low-power microwaves under combined, pulse and amplitude modulation,” Bioelectromagnetics 12: P 47-56.
[Il 30 novembre 2015, la Conferenza del Decano presso l’Università di Melbourne è stata tenuta dalla prof.ssa Devra Davis riguardo alla domanda: “Quali sono gli effetti sulla salute dei telefoni cellulari e della radiazione wireless?”.
La dott.ssa Davis, epidemiologa ed esperta di effetti sulla salute delle radiazioni elettromagnetiche, ha delineato l’evoluzione di telefoni cellulari e smartphone e spiegato il background degli attuali standard di sicurezza per le radiazioni elettromagnetiche vecchi di 19 anni, sviluppi politici e legislazione internazionale.
Durante la Conferenza sono stati presentati nuovi studi globali sulle conseguenze per la salute delle radiazioni wireless, compresi quelli riguardanti l’esposizione dei bambini e i relativi rischi.]
Pubblicato il 02 dic 2015
“The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation: what we know, what we need to find out, and what you can do now”
Presented by Dr Devra Davis, Visiting Professor of Medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey.
What are the health effects of mobile phones and wireless radiation? While Australia has led the world in safety standards, including compulsory seat-belt legislation, plain packaging on cigarettes, and product and food disclosure legislation, it falls behind in addressing the significant issues associated with mobile phone use. In this Dean’s Lecture, epidemiologist and electromagnetic radiation expert, Dr Devra Davis, will outline the evolution of the mobile phone and smartphone, and provide a background to the current 19 year old radiation safety standards (SAR), policy developments and international legislation. New global studies on the health consequences of mobile/wireless radiation will be presented, including children’s exposure and risks.
Dr Devra Davis is an internationally recognised expert on electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and other wireless transmitting devices. She is currently the Visiting Professor of Medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey. Dr Davis was Founding Director of the Center for Environmental Oncology at The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute — the first institute of its kind in the world, to examine the environmental factors that contribute to the majority of cases of cancer.
In 2007, Dr Devra Davis founded nonprofit Environmental Health Trust to provide basic research and education about environmental health hazards. Dr Davis served as the President Clinton appointee to the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board in the U.S.A. from 1994–1999, an independent executive branch agency that investigates, prevents and mitigates chemical accidents.
As the former Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary for Health in the Department of Health and Human Services, she has counseled leading officials in the United States, United Nations, European Environment Agency, Pan American Health Organization, World Health Organization, and World Bank.
Dr Davis holds a B.S. in physiological psychology and an M.A. in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh, 1967. She completed a PhD in science studies at the University of Chicago as a Danforth Foundation Graduate Fellow, 1972 and a M.P.H. in epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University as a Senior National Cancer Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow, 1982. She has authored more than 200 publications and has been published in Lancet and Journal of the American Medical Association as well as the Scientific American and the New York Times.
Dr Devra Davis is an internationally recognised expert on electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and other wireless transmitting devices.
This is honestly one of the best presentations you will see on highlighting the dangers of living near Cell Phone Towers. Held at Oakville, Ontario, Canada, Professor Magda Havas from Trent University gives a thorough presentation to the concerned citizens affected by a recent cell phone tower installation.
Dr. Havas reveals the results from numerous international studies, which conclusively prove that exposure to the radiation from cell phone towers and masts cause dangerous health problems in humans, including cancer and death.